The Matsumae International Foundation, Japan has furnished a notification for MIF Fellowship 2020 for those candidates who have completed their Ph.D. Doctorate degree from the Recognized University. The profile matching candidates (Non-Japanese) across the world may apply offline by its closing date and that is 31st August 2020. The 20 researchers/scholars will be selected after the screening of the applications for above fellowship.
Required Eligibilities for applying Fellowship-
- The candidates should have of non-Japanese nationality.
- They should obtain a Letter of Invitation from host institutions in Japan.
- They should have PH.D (Doctorate) degree from the recognized university.
- The applicants should not be above 49 years old at the time of applying.
- They should have known English or Japanese languages.
- The Applicants should not be staying in Japan earlier except for short-term stay such as sightseeing, conferences etc.
- They should be in employment in their home countries.
- The candidates must return to their countries after completion of their MIF fellowship tenure.
- They should have very good health.
The applicant’s field of research will be given preference in the following subjects-
- Natural science
- Engineering and Medicine
Period and Numbers-
- Between 03 to 06 Months.
- The Starting and Last month between April 2019 and March 2020 and June 2019 to October 2019.
- There are total 20 fellowships only.
All documents should be in A4 size and be submitted all together in one package by postal mail. All documents must be type-written. The Hand-written documents are not accepted until specific reason. The Documents must be written in English only.
- Application Form
- Applicant’s photograph, taken within the past three months.
- The Research Project
- A reprint of the most major publication by the applicant If not available in English, please attach an abstract/summary in English.
- Personal History (Curriculum Vitae)
- A letter of recommendation by the applicant’s employer testifying to academic ability and achievements.
- Photocopies (Attested) for all the academic certificates/diplomas (for Ph.D., MA/MS/MD, BA/BS).
- A letter of invitation signed by the professor/scholar-in-charge at the host institution.
About MIF Fellowship Details-
- Fellowships are provided to successful applicants only and intended for necessary living expenses and research activities in Japan. Under no circumstances, this fellowship is transferable.
- Allowance for research and stay- ¥220,000- per month as tuition payment, expenses for research materials, and miscellaneous living expenses.
- Overseas Travel Accident/Sickness Insurance: (1) Personal accident insurance with death benefit and medical treatment, (2) Sickness insurance with death benefit and medical treatment.
- A coach class round-trip air tickets between an airport nearest to the successful applicant’s domicile and Tokyo via most direct and economical routing is provided.
- Start-up Fund upon arrival- ¥120,000- is provided to cover the initial costs to start a new research stay in Japan.
How to Apply?
- The applying Applicants may get the current issue of the MIF Fellowship Announcement from Matsumae International Foundation. Or
- Take the print out of announcement from which link is provided on this page by our team members.
- The Application Form must be submitted from the eligible and interested applicants through post only by 31st August Five PM.
Official Link to know more about MIF Post Doctoral Fellowship in Japan/MIF Tokyo Japan Fellowship/Research Fellowship Program in Japan through MIF/Research Fellowship Program Announcement in Japan/Japan Radiology Fellowship/ Matsumae International Foundation Fellowship
Download- MIF Fellowship Application Form