Indira Gandhi Scholarship
The University Grants Commission has introduced the Indira Gandhi Scholarship 2018 Notification to promote the girls education in India. The Girl students, who are interested and wish to take admission in any Post Graduation course, should apply for this Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship Scheme before its last date.
The basic Objectives of Single Girl Child Scholarship –
Here are the real objectives of the proposed SGC scheme:
- To help by giving valuable support to the girl candidate for postgraduate education in non-professional courses only.
- To recognize the value of observance of the small family norm.
Single Girl Scholarship Status 2018-
What are the Eligibility Criteria?
- The female candidate, who is the single girl child of her parents, is eligible to apply for the Indira Gandhi Scholarship 2018.
- This scheme and its attached benefits are only for such a single girl child who is the student in regular, full-time 1st year Masters Degree course in any recognized university or a post-graduate college.
- This scholarship is only for PG-I year female student.
- The Admission to PG Course in Distance education mode is not covered under the scheme.
What is the Age Limitation?
The age of applied girl students should not be more than 30 years at the time of admission in PG courses.
The Award Amount is-
The selected girl candidate will be awarded an amount of Rs. Three thousand and one hundred (Rs. 3100/-) per month.
What is the Selection Process?
The parameter of selecting a right and deserving girl candidate is purely on the basis of students marks obtained in class 10+2/Bachelor Degree.
Which Documents are required?
- The girl Candidate should upload scanned copies of an affidavit on Rs. Fifty (Rs. 50/-)stamp paper duly attested by SDM / First Class Magistrate / Gazetted Officer.
- There is also required to submit a copy of joining report from College / University where the student has taken admission to 1st year Post Graduation course.
How to Fill Indira Gandhi Scholarship Application Form 2018?
- Firstly, Candidate needs to visit direct the official website of the concerned department and it is www.ugc.ac.in.
- Kindly Press on “Online Application for Indira Gandhi Scholarship 2018”.
Here the candidate has to visit the “Students” section and follow the following steps-
- Register your school name.
- Fill Online Application Form with required details as per format is given in below:
- Candidate’s Name
- Candidate’s E-mail id
- Candidate’s Telephone no
- Candidate’s Address
- Kindly upload a recent photograph and required documents with application form.
- Also, upload all the related educational certificates/income certificate and etc.
- Kindly note as before to press SUBMIT button read the filled form once again.
- Finally, take the hard copy in form of a print out of this filled registration form for the future purpose.
The candidates are advised to go and apply online through this Official link
Indira Gandhi Scholarship Scheme For Single Girl Child- Revised Guidelines PDF Download-